Thursday, September 22, 2016

Firsts on Mabon



A lot of firsts have come along this week:

My first check for storytelling.
First time I've heard a live living history.
First time I've heard tall tales and learned about telling them.
First time I may have to say "NO" to a VO.

And...my first entry from my writing shed...this one. 

In light of these changes and the fact that today is Mabon, I'll be revamping this blog.  In the coming weeks I'll be redesigning it and also refocusing my entries.

My purpose will expand.  I'll be writing about telling stories, stories on the air, voice overs and about writing itself, in a more balanced and focused way.

Mabon, after all...is a harvest festival, the second of three, that encourages pagans to “reap what they sow,” both literally and figuratively. It is the time when night and day stand equal in duration; thus is it a time to express gratitude, complete projects and honor a moment of balance.

For me, oral storytelling strikes a new balance.  It gives me a performing art that is live, connects me to a community of people I admire and immerses me in a craft I am truly, deeply, madly in love with.  It's the root of all other storytelling, as well.  It expands and builds on my skills as an announcer and as a writer.  It feeds the deepest ME.

I've begun to grow into the person I actually am.  This blog will better reflect that.



No comments:

Post a Comment