Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Science (is greater than) Magic

 


update.....

I actually love magic.  I love little girls with the unicorn shaped bubble wands running around  and body glitter scattered on the floor of the stadium after a Stevie nicks concert, but I don't like magic out of its context.  I don't want magic trying to tell me the whys of my cancer.  Then I get mad at magic and tell it to get back in the fairytale book where it belongs.  I was raised to believe that science is greater than magic and I believe that.

Speaking of which, my little science experiment with low dose fungus did not yield much.

But I've been working with my therapist, Maggie, with a therapudic technique called  EMDR  doing lots of work on integration of certain mind states and certain coping skills.  After a few weeks of hard work I've ended up where I was hoping to end up to begin with.  I no longer wake up feeling like it's a funeral day. I wake up feeling like I'm happy to be here and like it's my day to take to  do with what I choose.  I feel much more buoyant and powerful and............ well............ happy.  I was longing for this and I ended up here by doing the hard work ,which is what people need to do even if they've had a"good trip"like the lady in the video had.  It's the integration that gets you there anyway, , ending up here without having the "unicorn ride".

Something about this reminds me of Brownies(even though I got kicked out for using foul language) or of Dorothy's gaudy shoes.  But in this case my shoes would be scuffed up,  muddy hiking boots.

What the heck.  Maybe I'll throw a little glitter on 'em.....




No comments:

Post a Comment